Saturday, July 2, 2011

Vacation

We almost didn't make it to Florida.

I accidentally scheduled our flights for the 8-14 while we were on vacation from the 1 to the 6. The nicest woman at the Southwest desk changed our flights without charging us. After we paid over $600 for the tickets the break was nice to say the least.

Erik and I are really enjoying ourselves. We are staying in my Grandmother's old double wide community home and I kind of like it. It makes me think about our (comparatively) giant house back home and feel weird. We don't need as much space as we have. Its really too much to take care of while we both work full time and have Rhea.

When we get home I'm going to really push to clean out the house from all the extra stuff we don't need. There is no reason for all the extras we have. Especially the clothes. Oh my lord the clothes! It's not like they are nice clothes either. How many t shirts do we really need? Not as many as we have that's for sure.

Next week I'll bite the bullet and post a photo of our disaster of a spare bedroom. Hopefully that will motivate me into organizing/cleaning.

(We paid over $200 for tickets to Sea World and Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. With a military discount. THATS BULLSHIT!)

2 comments:

Antiope said...

How was the flight with Rhea? Did she have a problem with the take off or landing? Did you have any trouble checking your baby gear?

I hope you have a good time. You deserve a vacation. :)

Meg said...

Rhea did great on the flight. She whined a little during the tail end of a take off when I couldn't get her to take her bottle or pacifier.

One unexpected good thing is no one wants to sit next to a baby so we had three seats to ourselves except when the flight was full.

We didn't bring any baby gear. My stepdad drove down a few days prior so we gave him the carseat, stroller and PnP. The families that I watched on the flights seemed to have no problems though.

I had a great time but I am happy to be back now.