Monday, April 27, 2009

Adoption

I want to adopt. Not some cute cuddly asian baby. I want to adopt a kid, someone who needs me. Some one who wants me. I dont just want to choose my child, I want them to choose me too. It really irrates me that people seem to assume that as soon as I say I want to adopt that they get a mental picture they see me with a baby. What the hell I dont want a baby for? I could just make one if I wanted a baby. I don't have reproductive issues.

Its like when I joined the army. There was no question, no moment of maybe this was the wrong idea. It fit and became a part of me. Just like how I feel when I think about adopting. It just fits.

~Erik just forced me to go on a walk with him. i was happy to ineffectually express myself but he took me out and we had a good talk. Now I feel less hostile to people who dont understand were i am coming from.

No comments: