Thursday, January 13, 2011

All quiet

My biggest fear is that Rhea will decide one day that she cannot sleep by herself anymore. Some days I can't get her to fall asleep unless I'm holding her. That really throws a wrench in the works for getting something done. Its hard to fold laundry or wash dishes with a passed out baby in my arms.

Right now she is sleeping on my bed as I type this. I use the term sleeping lightly because at times it looks like she is auditioning for a kung fu movie. I'm scared to move because then she will wake up and scream or worse want to eat AGAIN.

Some women have colicky babies, some have quiet babies. I have a ravenous baby. All she wants to do when shes awake is eat. I know shes getting enough because she still falls asleep after eating but I feel like a 24 hour buffet. It can get pretty frustrating.

Anyway I've been trying to pump some extra breast milk so Erik can feed her while I'm taking my tests on Saturday. (Still have no clue what I'm going to do for the Math portion... probably just fail it.) I haven't been getting a lot. Maybe an ounce here and there. So right now I have 3.5 ounces stored up. That's maybe one feeding and I'm going to be gone for at least three. Poor Erik.

No comments: