Wednesday, January 5, 2011

hello there!

Rhea had her two week check up today and she gained about a pound. Yay!

Erik went back to work this week so it's just me and her at home now. Plus the worlds most annoying two dogs. (Not their fault, just the way they are.) I tried to do some studying for a test I have to take on the 15th and I'm pretty sure I'm screwed... I don't remember half of the math stuff I need to know to pass. Seriously, who remembers square roots? Not me.

The good news is that I'm pretty confident in the Writing and Reading section. I took the practice test and only got one or two questions wrong for each section. Wahoo!

I have a confession to make.

I had an attack of hubris at the pediatricians office today. The Dr. asked me if Rhea had eaten very little formula and I proudly announced that she has never had formula. I felt superior for a split second and now I feel bad. I don't hold it against anyone for formula feeding. Hell, I was formula feed for most of my babyhood. So now I feel guilty for feeling better than anyone else. The funny thing is I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to breast feed Rhea for as long as "they" say you should.. Here hoping though because boob juice is free.

I feel pretty good now that she is here. Mornings are tough for me. I rarely can force myself out of bed before 10 a.m. but afternoons are easier thanks to a little caffeine (if you need the coffee fix, do it.)

See, I keep saying I feel good but the result is a scattered, disorganized post like this. When will my brain reconnect all it's circuits?

No comments: