Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Megington Trust

Someone made a comment last week about me being the brains of my marriage. Its not the first time I've heard it and it wont be the last (sometimes I think it myself) but I really feel as if, if anything, that I am just holding the wheel for a little bit. I have no strong desire to be the Alpha in our little family.

The truth is my relationship frequently baffles me. Do I or do I not want to be in charge? Yes or no? The answer is YES I DO!!!! and also NO I DONT. I like being in control but I dont like all the responsiblities that come along with it. I dont want to play mom or bill collector for my husband.

So Im the Megington Trust Bank for now, just holding the reins until hes ready to share the load and make responsible decisions together.

1 comment:

Malibu Niki said...

It's funny, I could have written this exact same post about my own life. Your second paragraph articulated things in a way I haven't been able to.

I still haven't called you. I suck. Maybe this weekend (I'll be back in MA).