Thursday, December 16, 2010

13 hours and then some more time

They expect me to raise a responsible human being?


Facebook is not working right on my work computer so I’m restricted to actually working and attempting to Facebook on my IPhone. I can’t even think about Google’s blog site or the computer Nazis will lock me up. This is not working and I’m becoming irrational.

Maybe I can sneak out of the office, oh six hours early and go home to Facebook. That would be cool right? Neither Boss1 nor Boss2 is in work today so I think I can do it…


See? The above statement is exactly how pregnancy has changed me. I’ve never been one of those people who are too busy doing IMPORTANT WORK THINGS to admit that sometimes I DO HAVE FREE TIME at the office but, I would never admit those things on the internet. Now, with my due date exactly 13 hours away and approaching like an out of control Mack truck, I just can’t shut off the faucet that is leaking all those things I shouldn’t say.


I’m having a hard time with work. I may suddenly have to rush off and not return for 6 weeks. How the hell do I start new work projects with that hanging over my head? It makes me cranky and distracted.


Plus I’m hungry and my dog has scratched the back of her head off. I’m not kidding. There is a 1 inch by 3 inch long strip of oozing flesh on the back of Maggie’s head right now. At random points in the day I torture myself thinking about how much worse it will be once I get home. The vet doesn’t open until 2 so I can’t even set up an appointment. Last night I attempted to stem the damage and tapped up her back paws. So as I type this she is probably eating the remains of the wrappings in between scratch breaks. (BTW it was hilarious watching her walk around with the booties on.)

There was something I really wanted to add to this post but I forgot what it was....

No comments: