Saturday, November 20, 2010

False Labor

As I lie here contracting...
It's 3:33 am on a Saturday morning. I've been having period like cramps since about 2:15. I lost count at 12 but I know I'm way past that. Do I think this is IT? No not really mostly because then it would be exciting. How totally like me would my daughter be if she waited until the day after I hit 36 weeks to go into labor? (that's the cut off for when they would stop your labor)

Anywho I wanted to have some type of record of this in case it was, in fact, THE EVENT. So now I'm going to try and go back to sleep.

*UPDATE*

So I wound up going to the hospital and getting hooked up to the monitors. Good news is that Rhea is looking good and I was contracting. Bad news is they are useless contractions as they are not changing my cervix at all. I'm back at home.

So I'm frustrated because:

1. This is not comfortable at all.

2. They can't tell me if they will stop or labor will begin.

These facts are upsetting to me because all I can imagine is being in pain like this for the next 3 weeks. Its not that they are all that painful, its the 21-26 days of potential crampy-crappy feeling that is bothering me. Plus even though they aren't bothering her heart rate I can tell that Rhea isn't fond of being contracted on... She pushes back so hard when I get one its like my body is between a rock and a hard place.

I'm hoping that I'll wake up tomorrow and be able to go back to complaining about how much my pelvis hurts.

This blows.

1 comment:

Antiope said...

Hey there - hope you are feeling better today. I'm sorry you are having a crappy time with the contractions. I'm trying not to think too much about it, because I will be you in about 3 months. :(