Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Seriously, screw the Pilgrims, this is a time for personal reflection for me. Right now things are good and I am very thankful for it.

The one very minor complaint I have is juggling family for the holidays. It really aggravates me having to jump around from house to house. I have four parents, Erik has four parents and all the extended family that comes with the territory. I am so sick of feeling like I need to please everyone.

So this year we only officially one family, my mom and stepdad. There 5 people at Thanksgiving dinner and it was delightful. Not full of family I can barely remember and have to pretend to be interested in. (I know I'm AWFUL but I actually cannot remember some of my relatives names...)

OK so I sound like a giant douche bag but I'm telling you how I feel.
Also we still "swung by" my grandmothers and Erik's dad's to say Happy Thanksgiving so it wasn't like I completely ignored them.

Today I am 37 weeks and excited to get this done! I keep bouncing back and forth between wanting her to be born RIGHT NOW and hoping she will hold out until December... I know it really doesn't matter what I want but still I wonder.

I keep having contractions so I'll get all excited and then they just fade away. It's really frustrating because you get all, "This could be it!!!!!!!!!" (yes that many exclamation points) and then nothing. I know that at some point they will be for real but until then it's like my entire existence revolves around my stupid aching back and tensing stomach.

No comments: