Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday is a work day

I had to cover a general officer promotion today. It was me and one other person in ACUs. I can't fit into my Class As right now. I look at myself naked in the mirror and I feel like I look like a ghostly version of a starving Ethiopian. My belly is all distended. You get used to looking one way and then it changes so fast. Hope everything goes back to it's relative location.

I have 4 weeks and 5 days until my due date. That's 33 days if you would like it further broken down. I can't wait until I'm on maternity leave. People keep talking about how busy I'll be but I'm not sure I buy it. I'm pretty freaking busy right now with school and work. When I go on leave I won't be working and I'll be on a break from school. The only thing I will have to worry about will be taking care of the baby.

Now when I go back to work and school. That will be a challenge for sure! Lets not borrow trouble though.

I had a second baby shower yesterday. It was really nice and fun. I'm still missing some of what I would term essentials but there isn't too much left to get. I started packing my hospital bag today too. I'm kind of a control freak and would be really pissed if this baby came and I didn't have my pajamas packed. I don't really like hospital johnnies.

I started putting entries in the baby book last night and today Erik added some entries of his own. I think it's something that Rhea will really appreciate when she grows up. That her father cared enough to make some notations on how he felt about us having her. My father never cared enough so I might be projecting just a little. Oh well. :)

No comments: